Hey Everyone. Welcome to easily the best blog on the Internet. I'm reviving what I started around 2004. I write pretty much what comes to mind, usually hilarious. So take a seat...actually you're probably already sitting...and enjoy.

Saturday, June 05, 2004

Goodbye Mr. Reagan, and Thanks.


Ronald Reagan
1911-2004

There are few people that have affected me more than Ronald Reagan. Even though I was barely born by the time he was just leaving the office of the presidency, I can say that Ronald Reagan has made a profound impact on my life and way of thinking. Not only president of the United States, but an actor, writer, governor and radio announcer, he's done a little bit of everything. The thing I like most about Ronald Reagan, though, is his incredible wit. Being strictly an observer of his achievements rather than witness, I'll never forget one of the first quotes I ever read. And that was "You can tell a lot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans." I couldn't believe that someone in a profession dominated by uptight and bland scoundrels had said something like this. Ronald Reagan led a life of charm and goodwill. He made people happy, yet he put his foot down when the right thing needed to be done. Most importantly, he sincerely cared. Ronald Reagan, you are my hero.